The AIA Executive Board has postponed Winter sports competitions until January 18, 2021. Practices will continue on a sport by sport basis.
There are some important details that we need to be aware of and follow:
- HUSD has approved November 30, 2020 as start of practice/try outs on sport by sport decision made by the head coach. The head coach will announce start of practice/try out dates through team sites on Higley Sports and other communication channels the team has.
- Prior to practicing students must be cleared through Register My Athlete and the Higley Athletics office.
- If a student-athlete participates with a non-school team/group (such as club), that student-athlete is excluded from practice and competition with the school team for 14 days from the last practice or competition of the non-school team/group.
- For example, if a player practices or competes with their club team on Friday, they cannot practice or compete with their HS team for two weeks from that Friday.
- No fans will be permitted until metrics are appropriate.
- AIA staff will communicate with us to evaluate readiness on a regular basis.
- No scrimmages, invitational tournaments or region tournaments will be allowed at any point during the season.
- No out-of-state competitions will be allowed.
- Out of season work-outs and conditioning can still occur in our district as long as the following conditions are strictly met:
- Students are screened upon arrival every time (temperature check and safety questions)
- Masks strictly required to be worn to-from practice and whenever possible at practice
- Balls and equipment sanitized daily
- No visitors allowed at the workouts